Reducing Energy Use Workgroup
The reduced energy use workgroup may address issues such as:
Energy efficiency includes using energy efficient appliances, lighting, heating and cooling systems, and building design in homes and commercial buildings
Residential Energy Costs:
Impact on residents of the cost of electricity, heating fuels, transportation fuels
Industrial Energy Use:
Impacts of energy costs on costs of goods produced, industrial energy efficiency, etc.
Educating students, residents and businesses about energy issues and response options
Reducing Energy Use workgroup
||A. Kreiner Company|
|Bill Pelham, Chair
||DHSS Weatherization Assistance Program|
||Delaware Office of Management and Budget (OMB)|
||Sussex County director technical engineering|
||Delaware Department of Education|
||State Fuel Assistance program manager|
||Energy Services Group|
||Neighborhood House, Inc.|
||University of Delaware|
||Delaware Electric Cooperative|
||Lewes Board of Public Works|
||DNREC Office of the Secretary Policy Director|
||Energy Transition Consulting|
||Delaware Energy Office|
July 21, 2008
Sept. 8, 2008
Nov. 3, 2008
- "The Role of Energy Efficiency and Demand Response in Meeting the State’s Electricity Needs," by Neal Elliott, Ph.D, P.E., Associate Director for Research of the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.
- Delaware's Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program – by Ken Davis, director, Delaware Weatherization Program, Department of Health and Social Services
- Delaware Sustainable Energy Potential & The Sustainable Energy Utility – by Dr. John Byrne, Center for Energy & Environmental Policy – University of Delaware and Co-Chair of the Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility Task Force.
- Early Launch Project for Wilmington – by Ken Davis, Director, Delaware Weatherization Program, Department of Health and Social Services.
- Roy Whitaker, Director of Buildings and Grounds for the Seaford School District, integrates the EPA's Energy Star Program and building comfort issues, into a reduced energy use presentation.
- Phillip Cherry, DNREC's director of policy and planning, leads a presentation on Funding Energy Efficiency Efforts in Delaware
- Delaware Energy Demand Response, by Sarah Buttner, Energy Transition Consulting on behalf of the Division of the Public Advocate.
- Meeting notes