Program Mission Statement:
To work together with communities and industry to reduce particulate matter (PM) emissions and protect the public.
What is PM Advance?
A collaboration between EPA, states, tribes, and local governments to encourage fine particulate (PM2.5) emission reductions. The program encourages expeditious emissions reductions in fine particle attainment areas to help these areas continue to meet the National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
Focus of Delaware PM Advance Program:
- Implement voluntary pollution reduction methods
- Investigate ambient air concentrations of particulate matter in Delaware communities
- Conduct outreach in communities impacted by particulate matter
- Inform local community groups about funding related to particulate matter issues
Sources of PM
- Automobiles and Trucks
- Construction Sites
- Agricultural Activities
Delaware PM Advance Reports
Path Forward Plan (September 2, 2015)
2017 PM Advance Annual Report (March 6, 2017)
2018 PM Advance Annual Report (March 6, 2018)
Please send your comments to:
100 W. Water Street
Dover, DE 19904
PM Emission Reduction Information
- EPA SmartWay Program - Helps companies advance supply chain sustainability by measuring, benchmarking, and improving freight transportation efficiency.
- EPA Burn Wise Program - Provides information to assist in reducing particulate pollution from residential wood smoke.
- Delaware Clean Cities Coalition - The mission of the Delaware Clean Cities Coalition is to help Delaware residents, businesses, and fleet operators identify mutual interests and meet the objective of reducing the use of petroleum, developing regional economic opportunities, and improving air quality.
- Smart Growth - Helps communities grow in ways that expand economic opportunity while protecting human health and the environment.
- Rideshare Delaware - Dedicated to aiding commuters with finding and using alternative modes of transportation.