Contact: Joanna Wilson, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902
Citizens Source Water Protection Committee to meet Nov. 4 in Dover
DOVER (Oct. 22, 2015) – The Source Water Protection Citizens and Technical Advisory Committee (CTAC) of the Source Water Assessment and Protection Program will meet from 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, Nov. 4 in Conference Room 220 A&B of the Kent County Administrative Offices, 555 South Bay Road in Dover, DE 19901.
The agenda includes:
· An update on recent source water projects and initiatives in Delaware;
· A presentation by DNREC Secretary David Small;
· A presentation from Steven Smailer, DNREC Wetlands & Subaqueous Lands Section administrator, on the Town of Bethany Beach’s Aquifer Monitoring and Management Strategy;
· A presentation by Artesian Water Company on “The Real Cost of Water – from Source to Tap”; and
· A presentation by Michael Brayton, U.S. Geological Survey, on the conceptual model of deeper groundwater flow within the Delaware City industrial area.
For more information about the Source Water Assessment and Protection Program, including a full agenda for this meeting, please visit http://delawaresourcewater.org, or contact Program Manager Anita Beckel at 302-739-9945.
Delaware’s Source Water Assessment Plan was approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in October 1999. The program is charged with delineating source water areas around all sources of public drinking water in the state, identifying all existing and potential sources of contamination within those areas and making the information available to the public. The Source Water Protection Law of 2001 maintains the CTAC as an advisory committee to the Secretary of DNREC on the implementation of the Source Water Assessment Plan and closely related matters.Vol. 45, No. 359