Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902
Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving
Loan Funds Public workshops scheduled for July 29-31
DOVER (July 5, 2013) – DNREC’s Financial Assistance Branch (FAB) and the Department of Health and Social Services’ Division of Public Health (DPH) will host workshops July 29, 30 and 31, one in each county, in preparation for the development of Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) and Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Revised FY 2013 Project Priority Lists (PPLs).
The dates, locations and times for the workshops are:
- New Castle County, July 29 – Delaware Technical and Community College, Stanton Campus, 400 Stanton-Christiana Road, Newark; 9 a.m. - noon.
- Kent County, July 30 – Kent County Administrative Complex Building-Room 220, 555 South Bay Road, Dover; 9 a.m. - noon.
- Sussex County, July 31 – Delaware Technical and Community College, Owens Campus, William Carter Partnership Center-Room 540 A & B, Georgetown; 9 a.m. - noon.
The purpose of the workshops is to inform and provide municipal government representatives, privately-owned wastewater and drinking water utilities, consultant engineers, and other interested parties with detailed overviews of the CWSRF and DWSRF programs. The combined program workshops also will provide attendees with information on how to request financial assistance for wastewater and drinking infrastructure project needs.
Drinking water and wastewater notices-of-intent (NOI) will be solicited starting August 1 and are due by August 30 to prepare for the Revised FY 2013 CWSRF and DWSRF PPLs. Projects must be listed on the CWSRF and DWSRF PPLs, respectively, to be considered for funding. Attendance at one of the workshops is required by applicants and their consulting firms who plan to apply for CWSRF and DWSRF assistance.
Workshop participants will learn about the following recent CWSRF and DWSRF program changes and infrastructure financing tools.
- Loan application process for wastewater and drinking water infrastructure project assistance
- Loan interest rates
- Land conservation loan sponsorship program
- Source water protection loans for drinking water supplies
- Wastewater and stormwater facilities matching grants
In addition, detailed information will be presented regarding projects eligibilities, how and when to submit projects for funding consideration, project ranking criteria, project construction requirements, and how to apply for Wastewater and Stormwater Matching Planning Grants.
Please RSVP for a workshop by contacting Jessica Velazquez at (302) 739-9941 or by e-mail at Jessica.Velazquez@state.de.us.
Vol. 43, No. 268