Contact: Joanna Wilson, Public Affairs, 302-739-9902
DNREC Division of Fish and Wildlife now accepting applications
for 2012 low-number hunting license lottery on June 5
DOVER (Feb. 14, 2012) – DNREC’s Division of Fish & Wildlife is now accepting applications for its annual low-number hunting license lottery. At 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 5 in the auditorium at DNREC’s main office in the Richardson & Robbins Building in Dover, the Division will conduct the lottery drawing to issue 25 available low-number Delaware hunting licenses with numbers less than 1,000.
Licenses will be awarded to the applicants whose names are drawn starting with the lowest and ending with the highest number via a live drawing. The lottery is open to the public but successful applicants do not need to be present as they will be notified by mail.
The following information applies to the low-numbered licenses:
· The license will be assigned permanently to the successful applicant.
· An applicant must be at least 15 years of age, and not older than 64 years of age on July 1, 2012.
· The license holder will be notified annually by mail for renewal.
· The license is not transferable by the selected applicant to any individual.
· Individuals who currently hold a low-numbered license are not eligible.
· To be considered, an applicant must submit one and only one postcard, either by mail or hand-deliver it to the Richardson & Robbins building in Dover.
Postcards must be addressed to:
Low-Number Hunting License Lottery
Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife
89 Kings Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Also, the following information must be included on the reverse side of the postcard: applicant’s name, street address, city, state, ZIP code and daytime phone number. Applications will not be included in the drawing if there is more than one postcard per applicant, or if postcards are received without the information above.
Applications must be postmarked on or before Tuesday, May 22 or hand-delivered to the Richardson & Robbins Building by 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 25. No applications will be accepted after that date under any circumstances.
For more information about the low-number drawing, please call Candace Dunning, Division of Fish and Wildlife Licensing Section, at 302-739-9918.
Vol. 42, No. 41