Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Delaware’s Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, May 27 in Dover
DOVER (May 21, 2015) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 27 at the DelDOT Administration Building, Farmington/Felton Conference Room, 800 Bay Road, Dover, DE 19901
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from April 22 meeting
· Universal recycling grants-Cycle 6: update
· Status of single-use grocery bag fee draft legislation
· Education & outreach: recognition program for businesses and communities
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: Wednesday June 24 (Kent County)
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Marshall Budin, DNREC Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403, Extension 8.
Vol. 45, No. 162