Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, April 25 in New Castle
DOVER (April 23, 2012) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 25 at the DNREC Lukens Drive Facility, 391 Lukens Drive, New Castle 19720.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from March 28, 2012 meeting
· Bottle fee collection update
· Universal Recycling Grant and Low Interest Loan Program
· SJR 8 - Carpet recycling
· Commercial recycling
· Plastic bags
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: May 23, 2012, DelDOT Felton /Farmington Room, 800 Bay Road, Dover 19903
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May 2010 and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Bill Miller, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Branch at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 42, No. 148