Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Feb. 22, 2012 at DNREC Lewes facility
DOVER (February 15, 2012) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, February 22, at the DNREC Lewes facility, 901 Pilottown Road, Lewes, DE 19958.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from January 25, 2012 meeting
· Bottle fee collection update
· Universal Recycling Grant and Low-Interest Loan Program announcement
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next Meeting: March 28, 2012, University of Delaware Paradee Building, 69 Transportation Circle, Dover, DE 19901
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May 2010 and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Bill Miller, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 42, No. 45