Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet September 27 at DNREC’s Lewes facility
DOVER (Sept. 19, 2012) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. - noon Thursday, Sept. 27, at the DNREC Lewes facility, 901 Pilottown Road, Lewes, DE 19958.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from July 26, 2012 meeting
· Bottle fee collection update
· Universal Recycling Grant Program update
· Yard Waste Site Grant applications
· SJR 8 - Carpet Recycling Strategy Subcommittee meeting report out
· SR 24 - Plastic bags, meeting report out
· Annual RPAC Report, recommendations
· Commercial Recycling Report update
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next Meeting: October 25, 2012, DNREC Lukens Drive Facility, 391 Lukens Drive, New Castle 19720
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Cathy Hartman, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 42, No. 361