Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, Sept. 23 in Lewes
DOVER (Sept. 14, 2015) – Delaware’s Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, at DNREC’s Shoreline & Waterway Management Section facility, 901 Pilottown Road, Lewes, DE 19958.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, with priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from June 24, 2015 meeting
· Recycling legislation/Resolution update
· Outreach and Education Sub-Committee
· 14th Annual RPAC Report
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: October 28 (New Castle County-location to be determined)
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information, or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Marshall Budin, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 45, No. 300