Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Jan. 24 at DNREC’s Lewes facility
DOVER (Jan. 15, 2013) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. - noon Thursday, Jan. 24, at DNREC’s Lewes facility, 901 Pilottown Road, Lewes, DE 19958.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, Introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from October 25, 2012 meeting
· Bottle fee collection update
· Carpet Recycling Strategy Subcommittee meeting report out
· Universal Recycling Grant Program guidance
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: March 28, 2013, DNREC Lukens Drive Facility, 391 Lukens Drive, New Castle, DE 19720
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Cathy Thompson, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 43, No. 13