Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet July 26, 2012 in New Castle
DOVER (July 17, 2012) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, July 26, DNREC’s Lukens Drive facility, 391 Lukens Drive, New Castle, DE 19720.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from May 23, 2012 meeting
· Universal Recycling Grant Program
· Carpet Recycling Strategy Subcommittee
· SR 24 - Plastic Bags
· DNREC yard waste site funding
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: September 27, 2012 DNREC Lewes Facility, 901 Pilottown Road, Lewes 19958 10 a.m. - noon
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May 2010 and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Bill Miller, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Branch at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 42, No. 265