Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet May 23, 2013 in Dover
DOVER (May 15, 2013) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. - noon Thursday, May 23, 2013 at the DelDot Felton/Farmington room, 800 Bay Road, Dover, DE 19901.
Topics on the RPAC agenda include:
· Call to order, Introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from April 19, 2013 meeting
· Bottle fee collection update
· Universal Recycling Grant update
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: June 27, 2013, DelDOT Felton/Farmington Room, Dover DE 19901
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May 2010 and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Bill Miller, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Branch at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 43, No. 196