Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
RPAC to meet Thursday, October 25 at DNREC’s Lukens Drive office
DOVER (Oct. 15, 2012) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. - noon Thursday, October 25, at DNREC’s office at 391 Lukens Drive, New Castle, DE 19720.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from September 27, 2012 meeting
· Bottle fee collection update
· SJR 8 - Carpet recycling strategy subcommittee meeting report out
· SR 24 - Plastic bags committee meeting report out
· Annual RPAC report
· Commercial recycling report
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Plastics to oil demonstration
· Next Meeting: November 29, 2012, DelDOT Felton/Farmington Room, 800 Bay Road, Dover 19903
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Cathy Hartman Thompson, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 42, No. 403