Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013 in Lewes
DOVER (Sept. 18, 2013) – Delaware’s Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. - noon Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013 at DNREC’s Lewes facility, 901 Pilottown Road, Lewes, DE 19958.
Topics on the RPAC agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from June 27, 2013 meeting
· Annual report/Measurement reminder
· Recycling funding overview
· Schedule upcoming meetings through June of 2014
· Universal Recycling compliance
- Recycling market update
- Old/New business
· Additional public comments
· Next Meeting: To be determined
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May 2010 and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Bill Miller, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Branch at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 43, No. 363