Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, April 13 in Dover
DOVER (April 4, 2016) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 13, at Grotto Pizza’s Dover location, 1159 N. Dupont Hwy, Dover, DE 19901.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from Dec. 9, 2015 and Feb. 17 meetings
· Organics Task Force update
· Council by-laws (attendance, etc.)
· Universal Recycling regulations
· Grants and Loan Program announcement
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Scheduling meetings May - September
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx or contact Bill Miller, DNREC Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 46, No. 108