Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, Jan. 28 in Lewes
DOVER (Jan. 21, 2015) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 28, at the DNREC Lewes Facility, 901 Pilottown Road, Lewes, DE 19958.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from December 3, 2014 meeting
· Organics Subcommittee – Need, purpose, members
· “Pay As You Throw” (Presentation by Kristen Brown, president, MY ECO, a New Jersey-based sustainability education business)
· DNREC administrative funding for RPAC
· DSWA’s Electronics Goods Recycling Program
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: Feb. 25, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.; location: TBD (Kent County)
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Marshall Budin, DNREC Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 45, No. 13