Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, March 25 in Dover
DOVER (March 20, 2015) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at the Dover Grotto Pizza, 1159 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, Introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from December 3, 2014 Meeting
· Approval of minutes from January 28, 2015 Meeting
· Universal Recycling Grants – Cycle 6
· RPAC member attendance
· Proposed Changes to Delaware’s Solid Waste Regulations Governing Solid Waste
· DNREC recycling administrative funding
· Recycling market update
· Old/New business
· Additional public comments
· Next Meeting, Wednesday April 22, 2015 (Sussex County, Location TBD)
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Marshall Budin, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 45, No. 71