Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, Oct. 28 in Middletown
DOVER (Oct. 20, 2015) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28, at the Appoquinimink State Service Center, 122 Silver Lake Road, Middletown, DE 19709.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from Sept. 23 meeting
· 14th Annual RPAC Report
· Universal Recycling Grants – Cycle 7
· Organics Task Force update
· Recycling market update
· Council by-laws
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Scheduling upcoming meetings: December through June 2016
· Next meeting: Nov. 18 (Kent County, location TBD)
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Marshall Budin, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 45, No. 355