Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, Dec. 3 in Bear
DOVER (Dec. 3, 2014) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 3, at the Bear Library, 101 Governor’s Place, Bear, DE 19701.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from Oct. 29, 2014 meeting
· Universal Recycling Grant/Loan program
o 5th cycle status
o Guidance for 6th cycle
· RPAC 13th Annual Report
· Organics Subcommittee – Need, purpose, members
· DNREC administrative funding
· Recycling markets update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: January 28, 2015 1:30 - 3:30 p.m; location: TBD-Sussex County
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Marshall Budin, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.
Vol. 44, No. 415