Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.
Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, June 24 in Dover
DOVER (June 16, 2015) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 24 at the Division of Motor Vehicles Conference Room, 303 Transportation Circle, Dover, DE 19903.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from April 22, 2015 meeting
· Universal recycling grants-cycle 6: update
· Pending recycling legislation
· Education and outreach: recognition program for businesses and communities
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Scheduling future meetings
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Marshall Budin, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403, Extension 8.
Vol. 45, No. 196