The Small Business Assistance Program within the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) is a free service available to all new and existing small businesses located in the State of Delaware. The Small Business Assistance program can help you understand your environmental requirements and help you comply with them in the easiest and most effective way.
The Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP) can:
- Serve as your initial contact with DNREC. We can answer your questions or refer you to the right person.
- Provide specific information for your industry detailing how to comply with environmental regulations.
- Help you fill out permit applications, forms, and other required paperwork.
- Conduct an environmental assessment of your facility and discuss your compliance issues in a confidential manner.
The Small Business Ombudsman is part of the SBAP and was created through the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990. The ombudsman can:
Provide input at the legislative level concerning environmental legislation and how it will affect small business in Delaware.
Help resolve permitting and compliance disputes and cut red tape.
Provide feedback to Air Quality Management from small businesses.
For assistance, contact the Small Business Assistance program at 302-739-9402 or e-mail Kimberly.Chesser@state.de.us
ADVISORY: Motor vehicle or mobile
equipment surface coating operations
Draft Regulatory Language
- Regulatory Advisory Services assists in identifying which environmental apply to businesses.
- Air Permitting FAQs Answers frequently asked questions about Air permitting for businesses.
- Small Business Assistance permitting A free program available to small businesses in Delaware who need assistance with permitting and regulatory information.
- Pollution Prevention (P2) provides assistance to businesses and industrial facilities in identifying and implementing waste reduction opportunities. Its programs include:
- Delaware Green Lodging Green Lodging encourages hotels, resorts and other hospitality operations to be aware of their impact on the environment and to take steps to reduce these impacts while at the same time saving their facilities money.
- Clean Marina Program The Delaware Clean Marina Initiative is a voluntary pollution prevention program. The program is intended to provide for safe and environmentally sound operation of marinas through pollution prevention and incorporation of "good housekeeping" procedures.