Planning Effective Projects for Coastal Communities
Wednesday, Sept. 27 and Thursday, Sept. 28
St. Jones Reserve Coastal Training Center, Dover, Del.
In this two-day interactive instructor-led course from the NOAA Office of Coastal Management you will learn how to conduct a project assessment, use a logic model to plan a new project or reassess a current one, and prepare for a meaningful evaluation. You will learn applicable practices for use in coastal community related projects and more - including environmental conservation, restoration, and outreach! Attend this course to learn project planning practices that help you build on accountability and strategic thinking, reveal assumptions, and create a targeted effort with measurable results. After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess your understanding of the needs driving the project team actions and plans
- Apply a systems approach to logically connect project resources, actions and outcomes
- Create functional logic models for immediate use in your projects
- Generate performance measures for project reporting and evaluation
- Link project design to agency and organization missions, strategic plans, and established program niches
- Prepare for a meaningful evaluation of your project
The course registration fee is $50 and is required at the time of registration to reserve your attendance.
Registration deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 13.
Past participant testimonials on this course:
"Excellent training - definitely going to be helpful in future project planning."
"The training was very well organized and it was presented well. The course content will be very helpful to me in the months to come. Thank you!"
"Great cause, will help me organize and develop an effective project. This course will offer benefits to me as a future biologist, thank you."
State of Delaware Employees:
- If you are a State of Delaware employee, please log in through your Delaware Learning Center portal, or by clicking the button below.
- Then select the "Planning Effective Projects for Coastal Communities" training from the My Training widget on the Welcome Page and follow the registration process. Or search for the course title "Planning Effective Projects for Coastal Communities" in the search bar.
For All Others:
If you are not a State of Delaware employee, you will need to have an account with the Delaware Learning Center to complete the registration process.
- If you do not already have an account in the Delaware Learning Center, click here and complete the registration form.
Once you are logged into the Delaware Learning Center, select the Planning Effective Projects for Coastal Communities training from the My Training widget on the Welcome Page and follow the registration process. Or search for the course title "Planning Effective Projects for Coastal Communities" in the search bar.
If you already have a Delaware Learning Center account, click the button below or follow this link to sign into the Delaware Learning Center: http://stateofdelaware.csod.com