Save the Date!
Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to join us at the Blackbird Creek Fall Festival! It is a celebration that started in 2007 and features traditional crafts and demonstrations, hands-on learning, lively music, kids activities, and lots of fun along the beautiful Blackbird Creek! Best of it all, it’s FREE! So, bring a chair or blanket and spend the day with us!
How much does it cost?
It is FREE to attend, though there will be food and other items available for purchase.
But what if it rains?
No need to worry, it is a rain-or-shine event!
I want to attend, but where is it?
Blackbird Creek Reserve
801 Blackbird Landing Road
Townsend, DE 19734
Directions can be found here.
What kinds of things are there to do?
- Explore the informational booths and displays
- Free Face Painting
- Check out unique wares from local artisans and vendors
- Try a canoe or kayak, learn to cast a fishing line, or make a craft at our 7 different Thank You Delaware Bay booths
- Try you hand at archery with Delaware 4-H
- Guided habitat hike through the trails of the Blackbird Creek Reserve with the Delaware State Forester at 12:30 p.m.
- Tractor-pulled hayrides through the Blackbird Creek Reserve
- Kids crafts celebrating the outdoors and autumn
- Take part in an Estuary scavenger hunt
- Visit artisans and vendors
- Bird watch
- Run and play in the great outdoors!
Is there food available?
The Blackbird Creek Fall Festival will offer a variety of lunch and snack items for sale. You can always bring a picnic, too!
How do I become part of the fun?
Applications are currently closed. Registration will open in summer 2016. Please contact Margaret.Pletta@state.de.us if you would like to be added to the mailing list and alerted when registration opens.
Event mission statement
Blackbird Creek Fall Festival fosters the stewardship of the Delaware Bayshore by celebrating the richness of estuaries and Delaware's cultural traditions at our beautiful scenic site at the Delaware National Estuarine Research Reserve.