How much does it cost?
It is FREE to attend, though there will be food and other items available for purchase.
But what if it rains?
No need to worry, it is a rain-or-shine event!
I want to attend, but where is it?
Blackbird Creek Reserve
801 Blackbird Landing Road
Townsend, DE 19734
Directions can be found here.
What kinds of things are there to do?
- Explore the informational booths and displays
- Face Painting
- Check out unique wares from local artisans and vendors
- Try a canoe or kayak, learn to cast a fishing line, or make a craft at our 7 different Thank You Delaware Bay booths
- Try you hand at archery with Delaware 4-H
- Guided habitat hike through the trails of the Blackbird Creek Reserve with the Delaware State Forester
- Tractor-pulled hayrides through the Blackbird Creek Reserve
- Kids crafts celebrating the outdoors and autumn
- Take part in an Estuary scavenger hunt
- Visit artisans and vendors
- Bird watch
- Run and play in the great outdoors!
Is food available?
The Blackbird Creek Fall Festival will offer a variety of lunch and snack items for sale. You can always bring a picnic, too!
How do I become part of the fun?
Vendor and Exhibitor applications are now being accepted!
To register complete our online form or download and complete a paper copy and return to Maggie Pletta at 818 Kitts Hummock Road, Dover, DE 19901.
Event mission statement
Blackbird Creek Fall Festival fosters the stewardship of the Delaware Bayshore by celebrating the richness of estuaries and Delaware's cultural traditions at our beautiful scenic site at the Delaware National Estuarine Research Reserve.