Please join us for the 10th Annual Festival! A day filled with fun, education, music, and family time.
How much does it cost?
It is FREE to attend, though there will be food and other items available for purchase.
But what if it rains?
No need to worry, it is a rain-or-shine event!
I want to attend - where is it being held?
Blackbird Creek Reserve
801 Blackbird Landing Road
Townsend, DE 19734
Directions can be found here.
What kinds of things are there to do?
- Explore the informational booths and displays
- Check out unique wares from local artisans and vendors
- Try a canoe or kayak, learn to cast a fishing line
- Guided habitat hike through the trails of the Blackbird Creek Reserve with the Delaware State Forester
- Archery with New Castle County 4H Club
- Haymaze and children's games
- Tractor-pulled hayrides through the Blackbird Creek Reserve
- Kids crafts celebrating the outdoors and autumn
- Bird watch on our trails
- Run and play in the great outdoors!
Is food available?
The Blackbird Creek Fall Festival will offer a variety of lunch and snack items for sale. You can always bring a picnic, too!
How do I become part of the fun?
We are no longer accepting applications for vendors and exhibitors for the 2017 event. Check back next year for your chance to join!
Event mission statement
Blackbird Creek Fall Festival fosters the stewardship of the Delaware Bayshore by celebrating the richness of estuaries and Delaware's cultural traditions at our beautiful scenic site at the Delaware National Estuarine Research Reserve.