Our mission is to protect the environment and health and safety of the people in Delaware. We do this by ensuring compliance with and enforcing Delaware’s waste and hazardous substances management laws; by promoting waste reduction and recycling; by remediating contaminated sites; and by conducting emergency planning, prevention, and response.
- Reduce exposure to hazardous substances, including carcinogenic substances, in the ambient environment.
- Promote effective and susustainable cleanup and reutilization of brownfields in conjunction with community land use plans.
- Increase municipal solid waste recycling to 50 percent by June 2015.
- Provide timely and appropriate response on a 24-hour basis to citizen complaints and environmental emergencies and enforce compliance for other health and safety Objectives
- Prevent releases from extremely hazardous substances and support local emergency planning
What We Do: