Quick Links for Cleanup of Contaminated Property:
24-Hour Environmental Complaint Line:
NOW ONLINE: “Environmental Protection Matters.” Read the latest issue from DNREC's Office of Environmental Protection, which includes the Divisions of Air Quality, Energy & Climate, Water, and Waste & Hazardous Substances. Articles in this issue include: "Neighborhood Convenience on a Brownfields Site," regarding the careful work completed by the Division's Site Investigation and Restoration Section and Tank Management Section to clean up and redevelop a former gas station site into a new Wawa convenience store and gas station. Also included: "Compliance Corner--Buying a Brownfield Site;" "Restoring Mirror Lake;" "Good for Business/Good for Banking!;" "Site Investigation and Restoration Section by the Numbers;" and "Employee of the Year."
RECYCLING NEWS: All commercial businesses in Delaware are now required to participate in the comprehensive Universal Recycling Program, effective January 1, 2014. This includes for-profit and not-for profit retail or wholesale stores, offices, food service establishments, warehouses, and other manufacturing, industrial or processing activities, and institutions such as social, charitable, educational, healthcare, professional and government services. Learn more about recycling in Delaware including where and how to recycle – bottle returns, composting, recycling grants, and the Recycling Public Advisory Committee.
Other Topics of Interest:
- Approval of Final Plan of Remedial Action for the 29984 Pinnacle Way Site (DE-1555), aka Vlasic/Pinnacle Pickle Plant near Millsboro, Sussex County – DNREC Secretary Collin O’Mara signed the Secretary's Order on December 24, 2013 approving the Proposed Plan of Remedial Action as the Final Plan of Remedial Action for the site. The Secretary’s Order, the Legal Notice for the Order, the Final Plan of Remedial Action, and the Hearing Officer’s Report can be found here. For questions regarding the Final Plan of Remedial Action, please contact DNREC's Site Investigation and Restoration Section at (302) 395-2600. For questions relating to the Order, the Hearing Officer’s Report, or any other actions relating to the facility, please contact the Secretary’s Office at (302) 739-9000.
- Annual Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data now available; decrease in emissions continues in Delaware. Toxics Release Inventory update with latest state emissions figures
- Brownfields: Study quantifies economic benefits of Delaware's brownfields program
- Read the Delaware brownfields study
- Delaware Brownfields Marketplace: the Marketplace is an interactive database that contains a list of market-ready brownfield sites available for redevelopment in Delaware.
- Delaware Groundwater Management Zones (GMZs): A GMZ is a delineated land area adjacent to and including a contaminated site where DNREC has determined that new drinking water wells must be restricted in order to protect public health and safety. For more information on GMZs in Delaware, please click here.
Other topics? For more information, visit All (A-Z List)…, an alphabetical list of links to Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances topics.