Skip to Page Content Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

Skip Navigation LinksDNREC : Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances : Site Investigation & Restoration : RS Loans and Grants

 RS Loans and Grants


Recognizing the financial burden of completing environmental work at potentially contaminated properties within the State, The Remediation Section (RS) created different loans and grants pertaining to your financial and legal standings regarding the property. If you have any questions regarding these loans or grants, please contact Paul Will at 302-395-2600, or by email at:

A salvage yard Loans

Hazardous Substance Site Cleanup Loan Program (HSSCLP):   Pursuant to 91 Del. C. § 9113 (c)(6), the Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control is authorized to use funds from the Hazardous Substance Cleanup Fund to provide low interest loans to nonprofit organizations and businesses who are potentially responsible parties or brownfield developers with an executed agreement with the Department. The HSSCLP is to be used for investigating and remediating a hazardous substance release at a site. For more information, please follow the link to the Procedures Governing Loans Made Under Hazardous Substance Cleanup Act. To apply for this Loan, please follow the link to the application. 

Brownfield Revolving Loan Fund (BRLF):  The Brownfield Revolving Loan Fund is a loan program where eligible Brownfield Developers can utilize a loan for remediation activities on a Brownfield Site.  For more information, please follow the link to the Delaware Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Guide and Application.


Hazardous Substance Cleanup Act Brownfield Grants (HSCA Brownfield Grants): Funded by the HSCA on a State financial year (July 1st to June 30th), Brownfield Developers are eligible for this investigation and remedial grant on certified Brownfield properties. Funding will be prioritized per the HSCA Policy on Brownfields Grants, and will be distributed on a “first come - first served” basis. A list of eligible expenses can be found in the Brownfields Grant Eligible Expenses Guidance.

site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |