Delaware Clean Transportation Incentive Program
Delaware Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (Vehicles purchased between July 15, 2015 and Oct. 31, 2016)*
Rebates are available for the following vehicles under this rebate program:
- Purchase or lease of a new Plug-in Hybrid (e.g. the Chevy Volt) or a Battery Electric Vehicle (e.g. the Nissan Leaf) - rebate of $2,200 towards the purchase or lease of a new qualified electric vehicle. To qualify for the $2,200 rebate, the vehicle must be able to accept an electric charge from an outside source (i.e. an electric vehicle charging station) which powers an internal battery in the vehicle.
- Retrofitted Electric Vehicle: $1,100 towards retrofitting an internal combustion engine into a dedicated electric vehicle.
- New, Leased, or Retrofitted Dedicated Propane Vehicle: $1,100 towards the purchase, lease, or retrofit of a qualified dedicated propane fueled vehicle.
- New, Leased, or Retrofitted Dedicated Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle: $1,100 towards the purchase, lease, or retrofit of a qualified dedicated natural gas-fueled vehicle.
* For vehicles purchased between Nov. 1, 2016 and June 30, 2018, please click here.
Delaware Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Rebate Program (Purchased between July 15, 2015 and Oct. 31, 2016)
Rebates are available for new Level 1 and Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations: up to $500 towards the purchase of the charging station.
For more information, please email DNREC.Transportation@state.de.us