Spring is just around the corner, the Division of Energy and Climate would like to share some cool weather tips to save energy and money:
- Keep your house warmer than normal when you are away, and lower the thermostat setting to 78°F (26°C) only when you are at home and need cooling. A programmable thermostat can make it easy to set back your temperature.
- Replace and clean your heating & cooling system air filters for better air quality and air flow. Schedule regular maintenance for your cooling equipment this spring.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR® label on light bulbs, home appliances, electronics, and other products.
- Reduce air leaks by air sealing window frames, electrical outlets, baseboards, doors, and attics. Weatherizing your windows can reduce drafts and keep cool air in once hot weather arrives.
- To learn more about these and other energy saving tips, visit the U.S. Department of Energy's website.