UPDATE: Due to limited funding municipal customers completing the Municipal Green Energy Program will be placed in queue for payment at the Delaware Municipal Electrical Corporation (DEMEC). Your grant will be paid by your municipality when funds are available. Please inquire with DEMEC regarding grant payment timelines and program funding prior to requesting a grant. The funds used to pay Municipal Green Energy Program grants are collected monthly by each municipality.
* Contact Scott Lynch of DEMEC at (302) 653-2733 regarding grant payment timelines and program funding prior to installation.
1. Please review the program regulations prior to submitting an application for grant percentages and limits.
2. Review the Municipal Green Energy Program Checklist. It can be used as a quick reference guide detailing required documentation.
3. Contact a Participating Contractor: Photovoltaic Contractors, Geothermal Contractors, Solar Water Heating Contractors, Wind turbine Contractors.
4. Municipal Green Energy Program applicants and/or contractors applying for grantsts must provide project information to the Delaware Energy Office prior to installing their system. Please see section 4.3 of the Program Regulations for details regarding initial documentation submission.
5. Applying for a grant after installation of renewable energy equipment may result in exclusion of your project from grant funding.
6. Grant applications are provided below. Interconnection Forms, Net Metering Policies and Techical Guidelines are provide below as well.
7. For faster grant processing, please submit grant application materials to DNREC_GreenEnergyProgram@state.de.us.
The following municipalities offer grants to offset the installed cost of Photovoltaic, Geothermal, Solar Water Heating, and Wind renewable energy technologies: