Brief description of program
The State Revolving Fund ( SRF) Agricultural Nonpoint Source ( AgNPSLP) Loan Program provides a source of low interest financing for managing dairy and milking parlor waste and manure in an environmentally sound and cost effective manner. These loans help dairy farmers implement best management practices on their farms to reduce the potential for pollution from their farming operations. This program is managed jointly by the Financial Assistance Branch, the Division of Soil and Water Conservation, and the state's Conservation Districts.
Eligibility requirements for AgNPS loans
Any producer applying for an AgNPS loan must be obligated under a producer or supplier contract contract with of the following dairy cooperatives or milk processors that has a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to participate in the AgNPS loan program:
- Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
- Land O’Lakes
- Maryland & Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Associate. Inc.
Financing is available at an interest rate of 3 percent, for 1 to 10 years, with a minimum loan of $5,000 and a maximum loan of $100,000, for the following dairy waste and manure management practices:
1. Waste Management Systems - 100 percent of costs not covered by state and/or federal cost-share and 90 percent if not cost-share used.
2. Equipment-UCC lien and certification of insurance required not to exceed 5 years in length for repayment.
2(a) 80 percent for manure storage and transfer equipment (manure spreaders, pumps. Agitators, pipes, hoses and associated fittings and hardware used for transferring liquid and/or semi-solid dairy/heifer/calve manure and milk house waste to and from waste storage ponds, waste storage structures, and waste treatment lagoons for temporary storage and for application on to cropland.)
2(b) 60 percent for front end loaders.
3. Irrigation equipment as part of a complete dairy waste management system for the purpose of spray irrigating wastes.