Become a DNC volunteer! We have many volunteer opportunities:
- Staff the Center and interact with the public
- Maintain the aquariums and care for the live animals
- Assist with the Earth Day Celebration
- Conduct educational fishing programs
- Help with the spring and fall clean up days
- Facilitate guided tours and field trips
- Support the Peace, Love & Horseshoe Crab Festival
- Help with building, deck and grounds crew
For more information or to volunteer, please call 302-422-1329.
DuPont Nature Center - Spring Cleanup Day
Saturday, April 2
2 Shifts: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Project: The DuPont Nature Center in Milford has been closed for the winter and will be re-opening to the public on April 16, 2016. Fish & Wildlife is looking for assistance with re-opening projects as well as some minor construction and grounds maintenance projects to cleanup/repair damages from winter storm Jonas. Spring Cleanup Day projects include: exhibit and tank set-up, deck maintenance, clearing sand/debris from sidewalks, replacing sandbags, planting beach grass, and cleaning the center and the surrounding grounds.
12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
There are two volunteer shifts. Lunch will be provided for volunteers attending both shifts.
Age Requirement: Volunteers under the age of 18 must provide a parental consent form. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Contact: To volunteer, contact Lynne Pusey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-735-3600.