It is unlawful to:
- possess the fins from any shark listed in the table below prior to landing unless the fins are attached to the body.
- fillet any shark listed in the table below prior to landing said shark. A shark may be eviscerated and the head removed prior to landing.
- release any shark listed in the table below in a manner that will not ensure the maximum probability of survival.
- have on board more than one shark listed below except that two Atlantic Sharpnose sharks may also be on board.
- possess any prohibited species at any time, in Delaware waters this would include sand tiger sharks, dusky sharks and white sharks
- possess any shark listed below that measures less than 54 inches, forked length.
Large Coastal Species
Small Coastal Species
|Great Hammerhead ||Scalloped Hammerhead ||Smooth Hammerhead ||Tiger Shark|
|Nurse Shark ||Silky Shark ||Blacktip Shark ||Bull Shark|
|Sandbar Shark ||Lemon Shark ||Spinner Shark |
Pelagic (open sea) Species
|Finetooth Shark ||Bonnethead ||Atlantic Sharpnose Shark ||Blacknose Shark|
|Porbeagle Shark ||Shortfin Mako ||Blue Shark ||Oceanic Whitetip Shark|
|Thresher Shark || || |
|Basking Shark ||Great White Shark ||Bigeye Sand Tiger ||Sand Tiger|
|Whale Shark ||Bignose Shark ||Caribbean Reef Shark ||Dusky Shark|
|Galapagas Shark ||Narrowtooth Shark ||Night Shark ||Atlantic Angel Shark|
|Caribbean Sharpnose Shark ||Smalltail Shark ||Bigeye Sixgill Shark ||Sevengill Shark|
|Sixgill Shark ||Longfin Mako Shark ||Bigeye Thresher Shark |
Additional Information about Sharks
For information or to report a violation, call 1 (800) 523-3336
Back to Recreational Fishing Size, Seasons, and Creel Limits