IT'S NOT FOR BEGINNERS. Your hunting license was only the beginning. And you aren’t a beginner any more. In fact, you’ve been at this outdoors pursuit called hunting for a long time and have a wealth of experience to show for it.
It's time you took the next step: Becoming a Delaware Master Hunter.
The Master Hunter Program is for you, a hunter with vast experience afield. You love hunting; when you aren't hunting, you're reading and thinking about it year-round. You are dedicated to the principles of ethical, responsible, fair chase hunting.
You’ve learned a lot over the years but you’d still like to learn more. You want to keep yourself up to date with the latest hunting developments, trends, tactics, skills and regulations. You realize that there is a lot more to learn about wildlife, wildlife management and the role of hunting in our modern society. You’d like to benefit from the opportunity to learn from your peers and share some of the things you’ve learned the hard way. You’d like to help continue the heritage of hunting and insure its future for the coming generations. You’d value the personal satisfaction of being a Delaware Master Hunter, officially qualified, certified and recognized by the State of Delaware.
If the above description sounds like you, please consider yourself an outstanding candidate for the Delaware Master Hunter Program. The next DMH course will take place soon; please go to the Hunter Education Online Access to find a location near you. Advanced registration is required.
Click here to download an application, or call 302–735-3600 ext. 1 today and ask for an application by mail for this one-of-a-kind program. The Delaware Hunter Education Office of the Division of Fish and Wildlife will be glad to mail you an application form and an information sheet with details about the next course.
| Before obtaining Delaware Master Hunter Certification, you are responsible for each of the following:
1. Download and fill out and send in the application. Delaware Master Hunter Application form
2. Take the two-day Delaware Master Hunter Core Conservation Course and successfully pass the test.
3. Complete and show proof of successful completion of a Basic Hunter Education Course in Delaware or another state. (Even if you are not required because of state regulations and your age)
4. Completed at least two (2) advanced hunter education courses such as an archery course, a handgun hunting for deer course or a mandatory trapper or turkey course. Course details can be found at Delaware Hunter Education Courses.
5. Submit to a Criminal History Check showing a clean record. (Information on how to obtain the check will be provided by the Hunter Education Office).
When you have completed all five of the above listed steps and have provided the information to the Hunter Education Office, you will then be certified as a Delaware Master Hunter.
It is your responsibility to make sure that all of your documentation is provided to the Hunter Education Office.
After completing all steps, a certificate will then be issued verifying your accomplishment and naming you as a Delaware Master Hunter. You will also receive a Delaware Master Hunter hat and emblem.
Your contact information will be sent to the volunteer managed hunt coordinator to be considered as a possible participant in future managed hunts.