The mission of the Office of Hunter Education is to continue Delaware’s tradition of fair chase hunting by educating and developing responsible, involved, safe and knowledgeable hunters for the future of The First State.
|Guiding principles and philosophical tenets:
1. We recognize that above all else, the safety of hunters, trappers and the public in general is the highest obligation of our program.
2. We recognize that education and knowledge in the field of hunting and trapping are critical to enable hunters and trappers to act in a responsible and publicly acceptable manner.
3. We recognize that the skills and proficiency required for responsible hunting and trapping require continual maintenance and practice.
4. We recognize that the continued personal involvement of hunters and trappers in all aspects of their craft is a prerequisite to recruitment and to carrying the tradition into the future.
5. That good management and conservational practices and their appreciation are necessary to the long-term survival and well-being of our game, non-game and other natural resources.
6. We recognize the importance of continuing education in keeping hunters aware of changes, new developments and issues effecting hunting in Delaware.
7. We adhere to and support the goals and standards of the International Hunter Education Association (IHEA).
The Office of Hunter Education envisions all hunters in the State of Delaware hunting and acting in a responsible and considerate manner so as to endanger neither themselves, others, property or natural resources both in the state and beyond;
That all Delaware hunters act in an ethical, sportsmanlike manner, respectful of our game and other natural resources; and
That our education of large numbers of hunters enhances the public awareness of the importance of hunting and trapping in Delaware as necessary wildlife management tools and as valuable recreational activities of benefit to all Delawareans.