Skip to Page Content Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

Skip Navigation LinksDNREC : Division of Fish & Wildlife : Hunting


What you need to know about Delaware's Deer Damage (DDAP)
and Severe Deer Damage Assistance Programs (SDDAP)



Eligibility Criteria

Deer Damage Assistance Program (DDAP)

  • None – simply experience crop damage from deer.

Severe Deer Damage Assistance Program (SDDAP)

  • Must be enrolled in the DDAP for at least one full year prior to applying for this program
  • Must allow at least one person to hunt on the property(s) enrolled in this program who is not an immediate family member and/or employee of the farm.

Information Required to Apply

  1. Contact information.
  2. Delaware Deer Management Zone(s) in which the enrolled property is located. (This information can be obtained at the link below.)
  3. Approximate tillable and forested/wetland acreage being enrolled.
  4. Tax parcel/map number(s) for all properties being enrolled. (This information can be obtained for each county at the links below or from annual tax statements) NOTE: This is not the farm ID number that the Farm Service Agency uses.
  5. List of the names of all hunters that will be hunting on the enrolled property(s). (Needed for the SDDAP only.)

        NOTE: You MUST have your Deer Management Zone Number(s)
        and Tax Parcel Number(s) BEFORE you begin to fill out the form.

Delaware Deer Management Zones:

Tax Parcel/Map Number Information:

  • New Castle County - Parcel ID Number required (example: 1502437521)
  • Kent County - Map Number required (example: 1-00-02430-02-1651-00001)
  • Sussex County - District-Map-Parcel number required (example: 1-24 17.00 171.00)

Important Information After Applying

Once you submit your application, the information you provided will be reviewed by Division of Fish and Wildlife staff.  If approved, you will be mailed a deer control permit and antlerless deer damage tags. This permit must be in each hunter’s possession, at all times, while hunting in the field. 

If you have all of the requested information and meet the eligibility requirements, please select the appropriate deer damage assistance program that you want to apply for.

Deer Damage Assistance Program
Deer Damage Assistance Program Application Form
Severe Deer Damage Assistance Program Application Form


site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |