Skip to Page Content Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

Skip Navigation LinksDNREC : Division of Fish & Wildlife : Hunting

Hunting and Trapping Licenses, Permits and Vehicle Conservation Access Pass


DNREC Web Reboot Project Logo

This page has been updated and replaced as part of the DNREC Web Reboot Project.

The new location for this page is

Please update your links and bookmarks.

Learn more.

Licenses, Permits and Passes Required to Hunt and Trap in Delaware

Delaware's hunting license year covers the period of July 1 through June 30. Lost or damaged licenses can be replaced by contacting the Division of Fish & Wildlife's Dover Office at 302-739-9918.

Delaware Hunting, Trapping, and Guide Licenses Cost

Delaware Residents
Delaware Resident Hunting License (Age 16-64) $39.50
Delaware Resident Junior Hunting License (Age 13-15) $5.00
Delaware Resident Guide/Hunting License (Age 16-64) $159.50
Delaware Resident Trapping License $10.00

Non-Residents Non-Resident Hunting License (Age 16 and Over) - $199.50
Non-Resident Junior Hunting License (Age 13-15) - $50.00
Non-Resident 3-Day Hunting License (Small Game) (Age 16 and Over) $75.00
Non Resident Guide/Hunting License (Age 16 and Over) $475.00
Non-Resident Trapping License $75.00

Additional Deer Tags, Permits, and Stamps
Delaware Resident Hunters Choice/Quality Buck Tag Combo. $20.00
Additional Antlerless Tag (Delaware Residents and Non-Residents) $20.00
Non-Resident Quality Buck Tag $50.00
Non-Resident Antlered Deer Tag $50.00
Wildlife Area Deer Stand/Waterfowl Blind Lottery Permit $20.00
Resident Migratory Waterfowl Stamp (Age 16-64) $15.00
Non-Resident Migratory Waterfowl Stamp (Age 16 and Over) $15.00

Conservation Access Pass
Resident Vehicle Annual Conservation Access Pass (Delaware registered vehicle only) $32.50
Resident Vehicle 3-Day Conservation Access Pass (Delaware registered vehicle only) $10.00
Non-Resident Vehicle Annual Conservation Access Pass $65.00
Non-Resident Vehicle 3-Day Conservation Access Pass $20.00
Conservation Access Pass Vehicle Transfer $10.00

NOTE: License agents may charge a fee of up to $2.50 to issue licenses, $1 to issue a stamp and $1.50 for additional deer tags, permits and passes.

More Information

• Resident and non-resident hunters born after January 1, 1967, must complete a 10-hour safety course before obtaining a hunting license.

• All individuals receiving monetary or in kind compensation for providing personal guide service to hunters are required to have a Delaware Guide License.

• A Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp is required for any person 16 years or older to hunt waterfowl. Stamps are sold at Post Offices. No exceptions are made for persons 65 years or older for purchasing Federal Stamps.

• Snow Goose License Reciprocity – Any Maryland resident who is licensed to hunt snow geese in Maryland with a resident license, or who has a legal right to hunt snow geese in Maryland without a license, may hunt snow geese (only) in Delaware but must have a Delaware state waterfowl stamp.

site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |