This page has been updated and replaced as part of the DNREC Web Reboot Project.
The new location for this page is
Please update your links and bookmarks.
Report Violations. Call:
#OGT for Verizon wireless customers
DENRP Tip411 App
24 hours a day
To report a wildlife violation online click here. Please note that online reporting can be made anonymously.
What is "Operation Game Theft"?
The Operation Game Theft Fund was established by the 130th Delaware General Assembly to assist in the apprehension and conviction of game law violators. The fund comprises all fines levied for violation of game laws in Delaware as well as donations from various sources. The Legislature delegated authority to the Division of Fish and Wildlife to designate offenses for which rewards will be paid, and the amount of the reward.
What wildlife offenses are covered under the rewards program?
Through Operation Game Theft, up to $1,000 is rewarded for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a person or persons involved in:
Class 1 - Rewards of $100 - $1,000
- Commercialization of wildlife.
- Killing of an endangered/threatened species.
- Any violation where a Fish and Wildlife Agent is assaulted.
- Fleeing to avoid prosecution of a wildlife violation.
Class 2 - Rewards of $100 - $500
- Illegally hunting black ducks, canvasback ducks, turkeys or Canada geese.
- Poisoning wildlife.
- Destruction of state wildlife areas or equipment.
- Gross over-limits of wildlife.
- Illegally hunting waterfowl or deer on state game refuges.
- Willful obstruction of lawful hunting.
- Illegally hunting/trapping out of season or at night.
- Hunting during license revocation.
- Possession, tending or setting killer traps with a jaw spread in excess of 5 inches.
Class 3 - Rewards up to $100
- Fraudulent use of hunting license and/or fraudulently obtaining a hunting license.
- Illegally hunting with a rifle.
- Dumping on state wildlife areas.
NOTE: An additional $100 reward will be paid by the Delaware Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone illegally killing a wild turkey in Delaware.
How do I report game law violators?
Contact the Division of Fish and Wildlife Operation Game Theft Hotline at 1-800-292-3030 or #OGT for Verizon wireless customers, anytime, 24 hours per day. You will be given an Operation Game Theft Case Number. You do not need to give your name at this time. From this phone call, a Fish & Wildlife Natural Resources Police Officer can be dispatched or can return your call.
Wildlife offenses need to be investigated immediately by Law Enforcement officers if there is to be a chance of making an arrest. The longer the delay in getting information to the Officer, the smaller the chances of obtaining an arrest and conviction.
How do I get paid? You will be paid in cash by the Officer to whom you gave your name.
Will my identity be kept confidential? Yes!
Will I get paid for ANY information that I Provide? No....Only information which leads to the arrest and conviction of a violator.*
* Specific offenses covered