Fish & Wildlife Natural Resources Police officers protect wildlife and fisheries resources, promote boating education & safety, hunting & fishing, respond to boating emergencies and are a partner in Delaware's Homeland Security maritime mission.
Specifically, the section employs a "LEAPS" philosophy:
- Law: Enforce state laws that govern the protection of all fish, wildlife, natural resources and boating activities.
- Education: Teach the public about the importance of boating and hunter safety and the ethical use of our natural resources.
- Awareness: Create public awareness of the need to protect, appreciate, conserve and share our natural resources through various programs.
- Protection: Respond to natural disasters and provide emergency response to all hunting, fishing, and boating accidents.
- Safety: Ensure the safety of all citizens and visitors who access our State waterways and lands.
Current Job Openings
Seasonal Fish & Wildlife Natural Resources Officer. Click here to apply.
DNREC Fish & Wildlife Natural Resources Police online survey
Fish & Wildlife Natural Resources Police value your opinion. Have you had contact with one of our officers? If so, please let us know about it. Your responses to this brief survey will help us serve you better in the future. And thank you in advance to all Delaware hunters, anglers, boaters and outdoors recreationalists who take the time to answer the survey.