Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
Richardson & Robbins Building
89 Kings Hwy
Dover, DE 19901
Google Map for 89 Kings Highway, Dover, DE 19901
Directions from Philadelphia, PA area
- Follow I-95 or I-495 south to Delaware.
- Follow this to Rt. 1 South (exit # on I-95 South)
- Continue south on Rt. 1 for about 35 miles.
- Take Exit #104 for North Dover. Note that this is a toll exit.*
- When you get off at this exit, go south on Rt. 13 to the intersection of Rt. 13 and Loockerman Street. This is the first traffic light after the Rts. 13 and 8 intersection. There will be a TGI Fridays on the southwest corner and a Burger King on the southeast corner of the intersection.
- Turn right onto Loockerman Street.
- Go to first traffic light, after passing a lake on the right.
- Turn right and go straight ahead to the large parking lot, which sits behind DNREC's Richardson & Robbins building. Visitors parking (designated by signs) is close to the entrance of the building
*Alternatively, you may continue south on Rt. 1, through a toll plaza behind Dover International Speedway, and to the Little Creek Exit (#98), turning right onto Rt. 8W at the bottom of the off-ramp, then traveling 1-1/2 miles to the intersection of Rts. 8 and 13. Turn left on Rt. 13S, proceed one block and take a right turn on Loockerman Street, then proceed as above.
Directions from Washington DC area or Ocean City area
If coming from Washington D.C. area via Rt. 301, turn right onto Rt. 302 and then another right onto 454 to Delaware Route 8. Route 8 will bring you into Dover. Just after you pass the Greentree Shopping Center on the left you will come to a "Y" in the road. Take the left branch of the "Y" continuing on Rt. 8 (which becomes Division Street) past Governor's Avenue and Bradford Street, until you reach the traffic light on State Street. Turn right on State. Go one block and turn left onto Reed Street. At the end of this street you will be facing DNREC's R&R Building - a very large brick building.
Please note: Two-hour parking is strictly enforced by the City of Dover in front of our building. Should you desire to park in our parking lot behind the building: Do not turn left at the traffic light as above, but continue one block farther and turn left at the Loockerman Street light. Go to the next light and turn left at the road adjacent the Post Office. DNREC's parking lot is on the upper level straight ahead. Visitor parking is available (with designated signs) just outside the department's back door.
If coming from Ocean City or South, follow Routes I and 113 as highlighted on the enclosed map. Route 113 runs onto route 13. As soon as you get on 13 get into left lane as quickly as possible. At the TGIF's Restaurant on the northwest corner of Loockerman Street, turn left and follow Loockerman Street to the first traffic light. Turn right and proceed to DNREC's back parking lot (see above). Or continue on Loockerman Street to the second light and turn right at Bank of Delaware. Immediately bear right and DNREC is located in the next block, just past two bank parking lots and a Merrill Lynch brokerage firm on the right. Again: There is two-hour parking strictly enforced by the City of Dover.
Other DNREC Offices