The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control's Clean Marina Program offers marinas, boatyards and recreational boaters the opportunity to participate in efforts to protect Delaware's natural resources.
The Delaware Clean Marina Program recognizes and promotes marinas, boatyards and yacht clubs of any size that meet legal requirements and voluntarily adopt pollution prevention practices. We aim to certify at least 35 percent of Delaware’s estimated 100 marinas as Clean Marinas. The program was developed as an alternative to additional regulations on the marina industry and all marinas and boatyards are encouraged to participate!
By adopting the Delaware Clean Marina Program’s pollution prevention measures, marina operators can:
· Reduce costs associated with waste disposal,
· Generate new sources of revenue,
Resources for Marine Facilities
Delaware Clean Marina Guidebook
Delaware Clean Marina Pledge
Clean Marina Checklist
2008 Delaware Clean Marina Expo
· Attract responsible customers that will respect and follow good boating practices,
· Receive a Delaware Clean Marina Certificate and flag to fly at their marina,
· Benefit from promoting the program, and take satisfaction in the fact that they are doing their part to protect Delaware's waterways.
Boaters are encouraged to patronize certified Clean Marinas and to adopt clean boating habits. The collective effort of individuals and businesses will improve the quality of Delaware's waters from the Delaware River to the coastal bays!