This page has been updated and replaced as part of the DNREC Web Reboot Project.
The new location for this page is
Please update your links and bookmarks.
The mission of the Drainage and Stormwater Section is to provide management and implementation of regulatory and non-regulatory programs to improve drainage, stormwater, water quality and dam safety. Please let us help you find the right agency or entity to address your drainage, stormwater or flooding concerns.
For more information, please call: 302-855-1930.
- Drainage concerns
- Tax Ditches
- Wetland and Channel Restoration
- Water Management Improvement Projects
Sediment and Stormwater Program
- Stormwater management engineering plan approval
- Sediment control and inspection during construction
- Post-construction inspection of permanent stormwater facilities
- Stormwater quantity and water quality control
- Education/training relating to stormwater.
Dam Safety Program