Skip to Page Content Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

Skip Navigation LinksDNREC : Division of Watershed Stewardship : Drainage and Stormwater Section

Drainage Frequently Asked Questions


Question: How do I know where to go if I have a drainage problem vs. a stormwater problem? What’s the difference? Among all agencies out there, how do I know who to call?

Answer: While some people may know how each agency works and who to contact, the fact is that there are many agencies involved with stormwater and drainage issues, including DNREC, the Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT), conservation districts, and local municipalities. The easiest way to find the answers to your drainage or stormwater questions is to call the Drainage and Stormwater Assistance Line at 302-855-1955



site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |