The Tank Management Section implements the Aboveground Storage Tank (AST) program. The AST program is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of over 1,000 regulated AST facilities in the state. All registered ASTs have to comply with Delaware’s Regulations Governing Aboveground Storage Tank Systems (AST Regulations).The AST program conducts inspections at facilities with AST systems to prevent releases to the environment by ensuring that AST systems are properly installed, inspected, tested, and maintained. The AST program also oversees the cleanup of sites which have had releases from AST systems. Information regarding AST system sites is available online using the Delaware Environmental Navigator (DEN). A request for information may be made through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
UPDATE: The DNREC Tank Management Section is announcing two public workshops to accept comments and questions on proposed changes to the Delaware Regulations Governing Aboveground Storage Tanks:
- June 22, 2016 10:00am-12:00pm, DNREC New Castle Field Office, 391 Lukens Drive, New Castle, DE 19720
- June 29, 2016 10:00am-12:00pm, DNREC R&R Building, 89 Kings Highway, Dover, DE 19901
Documents regarding the proposed changes:
- Draft Regulations Governing Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Spreadsheet List of Proposed Changes
- Explanation of Proposed Changes to Leak and Release Reporting and Corrective Action Requirements
- Regulatory Impact Statement and Regulatory Flexibility Act
- Senate Bill 233 pending, Delaware General Assembly
To report a release, please call: 1-800-662-8802
Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan information:
Not finding what you need on this page? Try the A-Z list of tank-related documents!