The Governor has designated Alex Rittberg, the Program Manager of DNREC's Tank Management Section (TMS)
, as the Chairperson of the Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) Committee. The State of Delaware LUST Committee is composed of representatives from:
- Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- Office of Management and Budget
- Delaware Geological Survey
- State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Delaware Petroleum Council
- Pennsylvania/Delaware Service Station Dealers Association
- 2 State Senators
- 2 State Representatives
- Insurance Commissioner or the Commissioner's designee
Additional representatives are from insurance and chemical industries, agricultural community, environmental interest groups, and UST contractors and consultants.
The mission of the LUST Committee is to guide development of the regulations and other requirements relating to prevention of releases from Underground Storage Tanks (UST) Systems and the cleanup of releases when they occur.
LUST Committee meetings are posted on the State Calendar and the TMS Webpage.