Click here to pay UST Tank Registration and Operating Vapor Recovery Permit Fees.
Annual UST Registration Fees
Pursuant to 7 Del. C.
Chapter 74, Section 7418, underground storage tank (UST) owners/operators must pay an annual registration fee of $50.00 per tank on or before February 1st
of each calendar year; a $30.00 per tank late fee is assessed after that date. Examples of UST(s) subject to annual registration fees are:
· UST(s) greater than 110 gallons used for storing motor fuels for commercial purposes
· Emergency Generator UST(s) greater than 110 gallons
· Oil-Water Separator Unit with a separate Oil Holding Tank of greater than 110 gallons
· Agricultural/Farm and residential UST(s) greater than 1,100 gallons used for storing motor fuels for non-commercial purposes
· Heating Fuels USTs greater than 1,100 gallons were required to pay the annual feel from 1989 to 1993. In 1994 this changed to Heating Fuel USTs greater than 2,000 gallons. UST(s) greater than 110 gallons used for storing Hazardous Substances
The UST is subject to payment of the annual registration fee until the UST is properly removed or closed in place according to the UST Regulations.
Annual UST Vapor Recovery Fee
Pursuant to 7, Del. C. § 6003, owners/operators of UST systems constructing Vapor Recovery Systems are required to pay a onetime construction permit fee of $120.00.
Pursuant to 7, Del. C. § 6003, owners/operators of UST systems operating Vapor Recovery Systems are required to pay an annual operating permit fee of $75.00.
Annual Registration Invoices
Invoices are sent to owners each year in December and include both UST Tank Registration and Vapor Recovery Operating Permit Fees.
If you are a facility owner and have not received an invoice by the end of the calendar year, the Tank Management Section (TMS) should be notified. Late payments are subject to a $30 late fee.
If a facility is sold or there is an owner billing address change the TMS must be notified.
Past Due/Back Registration Fees for Unregistered USTs
As of January 1, 1992 the Department bills owners for past due tank fees applied back to 1988 (1989 for heating fuel USTs) or for the years the UST was in possession of the current property owner. This usually applies to previously unregistered/unknown USTs that are registered with the Department upon discovery. If you are unsure about the status of a particular tank, please call the TMS (302-395-2500) to see if it is regulated and must be registered. In cases of documented hardship payment schedules can be established.